This article is for the NPC, for the Faction see here.
Tauredain (Sindarin: Forest-men) roam the Jungles of Far Harad which they hold sacred. They are bitter enemies of the Moredain and any group allied with them. They hoi ik ben nl n give out Mini-Quests, some of which consist of collecting items such as cocoa beans, Tauredain Amulets, etc. while others involve killing Moredain, Half-trolls, or Near Haradrim. Only killing Moredain and completing mini-quests will raise your Tauredain Alignment.
Besides the normal Tauredain 'villager', there are several other Tauredain NPC types:
- Tauredain Warrior: The warrior class of the Tauredain. Spawns in Far Harad Jungles, and can also be hired from chieftains.
- Tauredain Chieftain: Lives in the Chieftain Temple in a Tauredain village. You can hire Tauredain units from the chieftain if your alignment is high enough.
- Tauredain Banner Bearer: A warrior who carries the Tauredain banner into battle. Can be hired, but does not spawn naturally except for invasions.
- Tauredain Shaman: A trader of the Tauredain. Found in the Stilt House of Tauredain villages. They sell the elusive Tauredain Blowguns and other things such as Jungle Remedies, Bottles of Poison, and Tauredain Equipment. They also sell food and materials.
- Tauredain Farmer: Another trader found in farm structures, found in a Tauredain village. Sells farming materials and buys tools for farming.
The following information is non-canon (with respect to LOTR canon). It has been invented for the mod's lore. Original lore for the mod makes every effort to remain consistent with LOTR canon.
The Tauredain first lived in the swamps of Far Harad and some time later they left the swamps in search of a new home. After wandering for years, they found the lush jungles of Far Harad. Stricken with its natural beauty, they began to worship the trees and built huge, stone pyramids, temples and shrines. The Tauredain united, and a religious war to spread their beliefs to their neighbors and beyond began. Invading the Mangroves, they battled and subdued the Limwaith. Eventually, their empire fell and the Limwaith drove them out of the Mangroves. Weakened by disunity and war, the Tauredain were attacked by the Moredain. The Moredain cut down their trees and stole their sacred animal, the Mumakil. This conflict started a bitter rivalry between the two peoples. The Tauredain still have not forgot what the Moredain did to them, and have sworn vengeance on them and their allies the Near Haradrim. The Tauredain await a new leader to unite them to conquer Far Harad and destroy the Moredain.
They are likely based on the Mayan civilization of Meso-America.
Tauredain will spawn within the Far Harad Jungle biome and throughout its sub-biomes randomly, and will wander around unless you have a negative Tauredain alignment, in which case they will attack you if you get within 17 blocks of them. If you have a positive or neutral Tauredain alignment they will ignore you unless you right click to talk to them.
|The Taurethrim of Far Harad|
Taurethrim (Banner Bearer, Blowgunner, Farmhand, Warrior)