The Taurethrim blow-gunner is the chief ranged unit for the Taurethrim of the Far Harad jungle. They wield the Taurethrim Blowgun and fire regular darts. Unlike their warrior counterparts, they never wear helmets.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
These units will spawn in clearings in Far Harad Jungle, regardless of the light level. They spawn only atop grass blocks, and will never spawn underground.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
These jungle snipers will wander around Taurethrim Clearings. When idle, they will speak to the player with their blowguns down. If hostile, they will raise their blowguns, then proceed to hurtle volleys of darts towards your direction. Like all other ranged NPCs, they try to keep distance between them and their target. They appear to fire at a faster rate when up close rather than at long range.
Hiring[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Works well against swimming units
- Relatively low alignment requirement
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Poor armour
- Can only be hired in the Far Harad Jungle, where the farthest faction in the mod is located
- Large numbers of blowgunners can interfere with one another
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- Help us destroy the savage grass-tribes, Person!
- Those barbarians of the plains need to be destroyed.
- They steal our Mûmakil, so we steal their lives, Person.
- Our great empire will rise again!
- They chop our trees, so we chop their necks, Person.
- The Lion-Men are dirty mongrels. Kill them all, Person.
- Our blowguns are faster than any bow, Person!
- I'm glad to see you are a warrior like us, Person.
- How many Morwaith savages have you killed, Person?
- The jungle is ours and ours alone, Person, and we will defend it from anyone who says otherwise!
- The evil Eye has no power over us! We will prevail!
- What do you need, Person?
- A warrior like you should be joining us in battle against those savages.
- How skilled are you with a blowgun, Person?
- Help us fight the forces of evil, Person. Help our empire rise again.
- One day, our empire will once again be the mightiest in all the world.
- Death to the Lion-Men!
- Help us destroy the empire of the serpents, Person!
- The Snake-Men are servants of the evil Eye. Show them no mercy in battle.
- The Snake-Men profane our sacred beasts by using them as weapons of war. Cut down every Snake-Man you see.
- There have come tales of demons out of the East, half-man, half-monster. They must be destroyed.
- The great Eye has many wicked Men in his service, and black beasts, and darker things too... all of them must die.
- You thieving mongrel! Run with fear!
- Run while you still can, slave of evil!
- Your death will be painful and slow, Person!
- Prepare to die, friend of the Enemy!
- Your people are not welcome here!
- I will avenge our stolen gods!
- We shall throw your bones to the crocodiles!
- We will paint the ground with your blood, Person!
- Your wounds will sting like the venom of the scorpion!
- You are foolish to go against the might of the old empire!
- You are a demon out of the North. You have no place here!
- Another savage from the wild plains. Kill it!
- You are less than a rabid beast, Person!
- How dare you stand against our mighty empire?
- You were a fool for coming here, and now, Person, you will die!
- We fight for you, Person! Lead us to victory!
- Death to the Lion-Men!
- Our empire will rise again, Person! We will follow you to victory!
- The Snake-Men enslaved our Mûmakil. Destroy every one of their people!
- Show those grassland savages no mercy!
- Go, Person, show our enemies the meaning of fear!
- Our foes will flee in fear with you leading us, Person.
- They won't last long against us, Person!
- They stole our sacred beasts, and now they will pay! To war! To war!
- We will fight by your side, Person.
- The Snake-Men and Lion-Men will pay for their crimes!
- They stand no chance with you leading us, Person.
- Our empire will rise again! Lead the Forest-Men to victory, Person!
- We will follow you into any battle, Person.
|The Taurethrim of Far Harad|
Taurethrim (Banner Bearer, Blowgunner, Farmhand, Warrior)