Also, just like all other trading NPCs, these will not attack enemies or players without being first provoked, at which point they will attempt to fight back using their hoe.
Anyone can trade with the farmers, unless they have negative Taurethrim alignment. Farmers will sell a variety of agricultural items, such as crops, seeds, and much more.
They are also eager to purchase equipment for use on their farms, such as buckets, hoes, and bonemeal.
Upon trading with a farmer, the player will earn the achievement "Tropical Crops".
Below is a table of values for each item that the player is available to purchase from this NPC. Use this table to find out if your farmer is giving you a good deal or not. Not each Taurethrim farmer will have every item listed for sale.
|Items Sold||Price Range||Images|
|Wheat||2-3 ( to )|
|Seeds||1-1 ( to )|
|Reeds||2-3 ( to )|
|Potato||2-3 ( to )|
|Corn||2-4 ( to )|
|Cocoa Beans||6-10 ( to )|
|Dried Reeds||2-3 ( to )|
|Carrot||2-4 ( to )|
|Banana||2-4 ( to )|
|Mango||2-4 ( to )|
|Lettuce||2-4 ( to )|
Below is a table of values for each item that the player can sell to this NPC. Use this table to earn more money by only selling when the prices are high. You will not be able to sell every item to every farmer as not each Taurethrim farmer will want to purchase every item listed below. Note that they only buy undamaged tools.
|Items Bought||Price Range||Images|
|Bucket||2-4 ( to )|
|Water Bucket||3-5 ( to )|
|Iron Hoe||6-10 ( to )|
|Stone Hoe||1-1 ( to )|
|Bronze Hoe||5-8 ( to )|
|Taurethrim Hoe||8-13 ( to )|
|6 x Bone Meal||1-1 ( to )|
These traders will not only sell items, but will also allow you to purchase farmhands, NPCs to manage your farm. Once one gains the required +50 alignment to the Taurethrim, these units can be purchased starting at forty silver coins. However, this price shall decrease as you gain further alignment.
Upon hiring a farmhand from a farmer, the player earns the achievement "Care of the Earth".
Upon death, farmers will usually drop bones, silver coins and various other crops.
- Our fields are rich and bountiful, Person. We will never let our people starve.
- The Lion-Men pillage our fields and burn our land. But our people will not starve at the hands of those savages!
- We grow the greatest crops in all the world. Unlike the foul grass-tribes. They only know how to steal!
- The jungle is kind to us, Person.
- These forests give us life, and in return, we help them grow.
- We grow many crops here, Person. The jungle has blessed us.
- Show kindness to the trees and the fields, Person, for without their fruit, you would not be alive.
- We are kind to the earth, so that when our time comes we may sleep peacefully beneath it.
- War? It was not war that made us great, Person. It was the fields and the trees.
- Too many have forgotten that we owe all our lives to the jungle. The shamans know, but they are few.
- If you are wise, Person, you will eat mangoes. They are good for you.
- Do you wish to buy anything from the jungle?
- The jungle may give its fruits freely, Person, but I ask for a little silver.
- There is much good in the earth.
- I have many choice crops on offer.
- Are you hungry, Person?
- Our people work the fields with care.
- Do you seek help on your farm? I have some farmhands looking for work.
- Begone, Lion-Man! Do not profane these sacred forests!
- You disgrace the ground upon which you stand!
- I shall not give my crops to you!
- You are a savage. Get out!
- You are accursed by the jungle!
- Get out of our lands, Person!
- The jungle has no love for villains like you!
|The Taurethrim of Far Harad|
Taurethrim (Banner Bearer, Blowgunner, Farmhand, Warrior)