FANDOM


  • AlteOgre
    AlteOgre closed this thread because:
    Expired.
    17:21, June 13, 2018

    Hello, Person! I am doing a post for the Avari. I know they have been done(in less detail) before, but I have a few new ideas that I hope you will find interesting. Thanks for reading!

    First off, you should know that there are six tribes of the Avari. Two of them, the Penni and the Windan(?) joined with the Wood-elves and Dorwinrim, respectively.

    The other four, the Kindi, Cuind, Hwenti and Kinn-lai formed their own factions located here: I cannot post the photo, but you can find it in Ithilion's post here: http://lotrminecraftmod.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:400129

    The Hwenti spawn at the "1", the Cuind and the "2", the Kindi at the "3", and the Kinn-lai at the "4".

    FOR ALL AVARI

    heat needed

    Forging Refined Bronze

    Avari Forge
    Coal
    Coal
    Coal
    Coal
    Bronze Ingot
    Bronze Ingot
    Bronze Ingot
    Bronze Ingot
    Refined Bronze
    Refined Bronze
    Refined Bronze
    Refined Bronze
    any kind of fuel

    The Avari would not have known how to make extensively elaborate "Elf Steel", and so would have made what the ancients used: bronze. However, they were still gifted, and would have made for themselves refined bronze, harder than iron.


    They all have iron-level equipment and armor, though most have a specialty armor with leather-level stats. All their bows have a 20% chance to give poison for 5 seconds. They all also use specialty armors that give special buffs, and are crafted like this:

    Avari crafting recipe

    Avari Leggings

    Avari Crafting
    Leather
    Fur
    Leather
    Leather
    Leather
    Fur
    Leather
    Avari crafting recipe

    Avari Hood

    Avari Crafting
    Leather
    Fur
    Leather
    Leather
    Fur
    Avari crafting recipe

    Avari Boots

    Avari Crafting
    Fur
    Leather
    Fur
    Leather
    Avari crafting recipe

    Avari Tunic

    Avari Crafting
    Leather
    Fur
    Leather
    Leather
    Leather
    Leather
    Fur
    Leather

    Achievements:

    All the regular achievements that come with gaining/losing alignment and equipping armors.

    Blocks:

    • Respectively named Crafting Tables
    • Respectively named bricks with all their variants (mossy, cracked, pillars)

    NPCs:

    • Avari(Avarian?) Elf, an ordinary Avari
    • Avari Warrior, the main fighting force of the Avari
    • Avari Archer, the archer variant of the warrior. Their arrows have a 20% chance to be poisoned
    • Avari Banner Bearer, an Avari with a banner
    • Avari War Chief, the Avari hiring unit
    • Avari Smith, the smithing unit of the Avari
    • Avari Wanderer, an Avari Trader that only visits other Avari, the Dorwinrim, and the Woodland Realm. They each travel with 3-4 of their tribe's specialty warriors. Four of them, one from each faction, will sometimes visit the Shire or Lindon with 18-24 random Avari Elves



    The Avari in this suggestion are split into two factions, the Hwenti and Cuind in the West, and the Kindi and the Kinn-lai in the East. The Western ones are quite close to the Dorwinrim and Wood-elves, so these might not be added, but the Kindi and Kinn-lai are more set apart, and so might work better if only one Avari faction is added.



    THE WESTERN AVARI

    Enemies

    • Mordor
    • Easterlings, they fought these men with "poisoned darts"
    • Dol-Guldur

    Allies

    • Wood-elves
    • Dorwinrim
    • Galadhrim(?)
    • Dale


    Tribe Exclusive

    First, the Hwenti: These people live closely with the Woodland Realm and are also allied with Dale. Their color scheme would be green, brown, grey, and green-grey. Sort of camouflage.

    They would have the following exclusive NPCs:

    • Hwenti Shades, the units spawn wearing the Shade Armor and use Atlatls to launch their spears with greater range, accuracy, and power.


    They would have the following weapons:

    • Dagger, poisoned
    • Sword
    • Spear
    • Battle staff
    • Longspear
    • Atlatl, these launch arrows super fast with low damage, uncraftable(units only)
    • Bow, like the vanilla bow, but more range and accuracy


    They would have the following armors:

    • Hwenti Shade Armor, much like the Wood-elven Scout Armor, but with Poison Protection instead of Speed 2
    • Hwenti Warrior Armor, made of Refined Bronze

    They would have the following structures:

    • Houses
    • Camps
    • Halls
    • Towers
    • Fortress


    Secondly, the Cuind: These people live near the Dorwinrim and are likely to spawn near the Sea of Rhun with fishing equipment. Their color scheme would be green, blue, brown, and tan.

    They would have the following exclusive NPCs:

    • Cuind Divers, these handy NPCs are found wearing their Seal Armor and jumping into ponds, lakes, and Rivers.
    • Cuind Fisher-elves(?), these units simply use their trident to fish in the sea.


    They would have the following weapons:

    • Dagger, poisoned
    • Sword
    • Spear
    • Trident, the Cuind polearm. It still does the base damage of a polearm
    • Longspear
    • Bow, like the vanilla bow, but with Punch I


    They would have the following armors:

    • Cuind Seal Armor, much like the Wood-elven Scout Armor, but with Depth Strider and Respiration instead of Speed 2
    • Cuind Warrior Armor, made of Refined Bronze

    They would have the following structures:

    • Houses
    • Temples
    • Halls
    • Towers
    • Fortress




    THE EASTERN AVARI

    Enemies

    • Mordor
    • Easterlings, they fought these men with "poisoned darts"

    Allies

    • Western Avari
    • Wood-elves
    • Dorwinrim
    • Orocarni



    Tribe Exclusive

    First, the Kindi: These people live close to the Cuind, but have almost no dealings with them. They do however keep a close watch on the Easterlings along with the Kinn-lai. Their color scheme would be lava orange, black, gold, and red. It might look evil, but trust me. IT'S AMAZING!

    They would have the following exclusive NPCs:

    • Kindi Spear-throwers, a Kindi with infinite spears to throw, wearing Guardian Armor >:D


    They would have the following weapons:

    • Dagger, poisoned
    • Sword
    • Spear
    • Glaive, the Kindi polearm
    • Longspear
    • Bow, like the vanilla bow, but with more power(damage)


    They would have the following armors:

    • Kindi Guardian Armor, much like the Wood-elven Scout Armor, but with Absorption 0.5/Regeneration 0.5 instead of Speed 2
    • Kindi Warrior Armor, made of Refined Bronze

    They would have the following structures:

    • Houses
    • Temples
    • Halls
    • Towers
    • Castles
    • Fortress


    And finally, the Kinn-lai: This mysterious people would be located in the redwoods near the Red Mountains where the Orocarni will dwell when they are added. They would have iron-level equipment and weapons but their bow would be special. With the same damage but faster firing (and less accuracy), it would be the perfect weapon for fighting in the woods. Their color scheme would be clover green, green, brown, and dull red.

    They would have the following exclusive NPCs:

    • Kinn-lai Assassin, an assassin using throwing knives much like Dwarven Axe-throwers, but throwing 5 of them in 4 seconds. In their left hand they hold a regular dagger, but if you hire them they have an extra slot in which to put a bottle o' poison. This gives their daggers a 20% chance to be poisoned. They also use the Hunter Armor
    • Kinn-lai Priest, a Kinn-lai trader found in Kinn-lai temples to Iluvatar


    They would have the following weapons:

    • Dagger, poisoned
    • Throwing knife, crafted with a stick, ingot, and string
    • Sword
    • Spear
    • Glaive, the Kinn-lai polearm
    • Longspear
    • Battle-axe, living in woods will give these elves the need for an axe
    • Hammer, and maybe a hammer :D
    • Bow, like the vanilla bow, but with a much faster fire rate


    They would have the following armors:

    • Kinn-lai Hunter Armor, much like the Wood-elven Scout Armor, but with Jump Boost 1 instead of Speed 2
    • Kinn-lai Warrior Armor, made of Refined Bronze

    They would have the following structures:

    • Houses
    • Temples
    • Halls
    • Towers
    • Logging camps
    • Fortress


    Thanks again for reading, and please leave a KUDO!

    Note: I am accepting all textures for any armor, tools, and weapons. Please follow the color schemes I proposed above. Thanks.

    Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

      Loading editor
    • AlteOgre
      AlteOgre removed this reply because:
      Authors request.
      18:03, March 10, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • AlteOgre
      AlteOgre removed this reply because:
      Authors request.
      18:04, March 10, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • AlteOgre
      AlteOgre removed this reply because:
      Authors request.
      18:04, March 10, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Well, the Penni are known to be the Avari who inhabit the Vales of Anduin and Woodland Realm. And all the other named clans are said to have lived in Eridaor and the Vale.

      ""… *kwendi. This word, as has been shown, did not survive in the Telerin languages of Middle-earth, and was almost forgotten even in the Telerin of Aman. But the Loremasters of later days, when more friendly relations had been established with Avari of various kinds in Eriador and the Vale of Anduin, record that it was frequently to be found in Avarin dialects. These were numerous, and often as widely sundered from one another as they were from the Eldarin forms of Elvish speech, but wherever the descendants of *kwendi were found, they meant not 'Elves in general', but were the names that the Avari gave to themselves. They had evidently continued to call themselves *kwendi, the People, regarding those who went away as deserters - though according to Eldarin tradition the numbers of the Eldar at the time of the Separation were in the approximate proportion of 3:2, as compared with the Avari (see p. 381). The Avarin forms cited by the Loremasters were: kindi, cuind, hwenti, windan, kinn-lai, penni. The last is interesting as showing the change kw > p. This might be independent of the Common Telerin change; but it suggests that it had already occurred among the Lindar before the Separation. The form penni is cited as coming from the 'Wood-elven' speech of the Vale of Anduin, and these Elves were among the most friendly to the fugitives from Beleriand, and held themselves akin to the remnants of the Sindar.""

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • The description for the color scheme of the Kindi interests me perhaps you could show some examples before I put my support behind this idea?

        Loading editor
    • I will add some crafting recipes for other items soon.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • If I can I may propose a texture for refined bronze later but I may not be able to so if you can texture it try and make it look a tad darker than the current bronze like a brownish orange

        Loading editor
    • Yes please. I left a note above requesting someone to make it, and what it should look like. Please upload it to the wiki when you are done. Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • The thing is, most of these clans lived in Eriador...

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • On the map in the backs of the books?

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • Eriador, you know, the area between the Misty and Blue Mountains?

      In any case, they aren't there in the Third Age. We don't know where they went--died out or fled to Lindon or Lorien--but they probably didn't go very far East.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • Were they the ones the Hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Pippin) met after they saw the Black Rider?

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • I just realized that this is on the wrong forum. It will be moved to the Suggestions Forum and will no longer be updated here, although commentary might still continue.

      Please remember to Kudo on the new post. Thanks!

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • I moved this thread and got rid of the other one you posted. Best to keep relative comments instead of starting from scratch.

      MilkBucket MilkMC Tell me your thoughts, Fandom User.MilkBucket

        Loading editor
    • Edhelgwath wrote:
      Were they the ones the Hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Pippin) met after they saw the Black Rider?

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

      No, those were Noldor. We never meet any Avari in the books.

      Overall, idk if we should use the different "clans" mentioned by Tolkien save the Penni. The clans, save the Penni, seemed to have been confined to the West, and not lived in the East. In fact, it's debatable if there even are Avari in the east at this point, but the mod team has chosen to go that way. In any case, though, the quotes suggest that we shouldn't use the clans, or at least not all of them.

      I'm also confused as to where you would have the Hwenti living. There are no unique Elven factions in that area that are not part of the Woodland Realm. The 1 and 2 on the map were meant to represent the Avari that joined with Mirkwood and Dorwinion, respectively.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • OH. MY. GOD. This is an AMAZING suggestion! MAN! How long this take you? I love EVERYTHING, would do ANYTHING to be able to kudos more! Personally in love with everything. I may not be so good at geography as High King Ithilion, but dude, this is GREAT!!! I just can't get over this! Yes yes and yes. We would always need more elves, and the ones you have suggested sound awesome! Since they are good, they will also level out the playing field for the good guys. Kudos, and the best of luck for you. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. 

        Loading editor
    • IronJaw333 wrote:
      OH. MY. GOD. This is an AMAZING suggestion! MAN! How long this take you? I love EVERYTHING, would do ANYTHING to be able to kudos more! Personally in love with everything. I may not be so good at geography as High King Ithilion, but dude, this is GREAT!!! I just can't get over this! Yes yes and yes. We would always need more elves, and the ones you have suggested sound awesome! Since they are good, they will also level out the playing field for the good guys. Kudos, and the best of luck for you. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. 

      Get a hold of yourself man. The above proposal is not exceptional and it may not even be considered useful except for a few elements the mod team may find inspirational. And for those few elements I would still guess it has all been brought up before or thought out in the process during the last five years of lore studies and mod development. Many aspects have been brought up before anyway, albeit not yet in a comprising thread like this one. In that respect this post is just as valuable as the numerous lengthly proposals by Grievous and Ithilion on factions and biomes. #managingexpectations

        Loading editor
    • Imo this is a very detailed suggestion for a faction that was really not mentioned much. I think that a better option would be to have them based in the forest next to the Orocarni, with one sub faction in Eryn Caran.

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

        Loading editor
    • High King Ithilion wrote:

      Edhelgwath wrote:
      Were they the ones the Hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Pippin) met after they saw the Black Rider?

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

      No, those were Noldor. We never meet any Avari in the books.

      Overall, idk if we should use the different "clans" mentioned by Tolkien save the Penni. The clans, save the Penni, seemed to have been confined to the West, and not lived in the East. In fact, it's debatable if there even are Avari in the east at this point, but the mod team has chosen to go that way. In any case, though, the quotes suggest that we shouldn't use the clans, or at least not all of them.

      I'm also confused as to where you would have the Hwenti living. There are no unique Elven factions in that area that are not part of the Woodland Realm. The 1 and 2 on the map were meant to represent the Avari that joined with Mirkwood and Dorwinion, respectively.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      I had wanted the Hwenti a little bit south of Dale or the Iron Mountains, and the Cuind above the Dorwinrim. I think. Sorry if that's a bit off.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • Those locations don't make sense, though. All the named clans lived in Eriador, save the Penni. There's also, as Xerped says, no real reason to make each one a huge subfaction with their own stuff. This just seems overly detailed for such a little-known people.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, I just thought that because they lived so far apart, that they would lead rather different lifestyles and need different equipment.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • Edhelgwath wrote:
      Sorry, I just thought that because they lived so far apart, that they would lead rather different lifestyles and need different equipment.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

      It's possible they'd have somewhat different lifestyles, but not enough to have a full armor and weapon set for each subfaction. Nor should there be a unique faction south of the Iron Hills.

      Overall, I think you're misinterpreting the Clans (with the exception of the Penni). They all lived in Eriador--the region of the Shire--not the East. It's said there were no Avari west of the Misties, which suggests all those clans died out--again, excepting the Penni. So instead, rather than cramming 6 subfactions in, why don't we have one main Avari faction and a Redwood one as well, which don't use the clan-names from the Second Age?

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry 

        Loading editor
    • I agree. I think the avari should be more of a hidden group of elves not a very in your face six sub facs type thing

        Loading editor
    • But wouldn't they all be part of one big group? They are called the Avari, right? So all of them would have one alignment bar/faction? Also, in my opinion, I don't think they should have too much land...

        Loading editor
    • Ithilion, I agree that they all lived in Eriador, but the mod team said that they were going to be in the East, so I built my suggestion around that.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • I suppose that there could be just two Avari Factions, the West Avari(Hwenti/Cuind), and the Eastern Avari(Kindi/Kinn-lai). This would make good use of subfaction-ing, imo. And it would keep Ithilion a little happier.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • Let's not use the lore names, though. Just call them the Taur Caran Avari and Wild Woods Avari. They can share weapons and probably armor, and use the same weapons but have different shields.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • And different banners.

        Loading editor
    • YE. Kind of like esgaroths banner being part of dales faction

        Loading editor
    • Not a bad idea, but I still want to be able to aquire different buffs, and they were clearly set apart from each other on the map provided.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • I updated the O.P. with a few changes, so if you would like to re-read it...

      Diamond Edhelgwath Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • Edhelgwath wrote:
      Ithilion, I agree that they all lived in Eriador, but the mod team said that they were going to be in theEast, so I builtmy suggestion around that.

      Diamond Edhelgwath, Shade-Elf Diamond

      Yes, but there were other groups of Avari besides the named ones.

      The changes you made still don't fix the issues of clutter or the incorrect names.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • 1. Which names are incorrect?

      2. And I've checked everywhere that I can think of: the only Avari Tribes are the Penni, Windan, Hwenti, Cuind, Kindi, and the Kinn-lai. I've said that two of them left, and formed my suggestion around the other four.

      3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

      Diamond Edhelgwath Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • Edhelgwath wrote:
      1. Which names are incorrect?

      2. And I've checked everywhere that I can think of: the only Avari Tribes are the Penni, Windan, Hwenti, Cuind, Kindi, and the Kinn-lai. I've said that two of them left, and formed my suggestion around the other four.

      3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

      Diamond Edhelgwath Shade-Elf Diamond

      1. I mean the Eriador Avari names.

      2. Those are the only *named* tribes--there were many more. We don't need to name the mod ones, and it's better to just call them "Avari" rather than moving the named ones from where they were known to live. The Penni are the only ones even known to exist in the Third Age. As such, I suggest changing the faction to "Avari", and having only one subfaction in Eryn Caran.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • Off topic, where in the books were they named?

      I think it would be better to use names we at least know exist than to make up new ones. Just a thought, Lore-Nazi! xP

      Diamond Edhelgwath Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • He's not proposing we make up new ones. He's saying we use the broad, general name which covers them all.. As opposed to reassigning them names which we can know to be incorrect.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, thank you for the confirmation. If they are however split into the 3 and 4 on the map provided, what would they be called? Eryn Caran Avari? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what/where Eryn Caran is.

      Diamond Edhelgwath Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • It would be the Avari faction, with an Eryn Caran subfaction.

      Eryn Caran is that forest northeast of the Sea of Rhun. But thinking about it, in Peoples of Middle-earth it is mentioned that the ancestors of the House of Hador lived there... I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Men there rather than Avari...

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • I think they'll be a big lesser-elven overhall with the green elves, (or their ruins) and other eriadorian elves along with the remains of the avari in the east. I always thought of the avari as more ranger, stalking and filling them with arrows before fading into the background.

        Loading editor
    • If you guys wanna repeat all conversation and discussion we had on this wiki regarding dorwinion / eryn caran / avari lore in this thread, please take it to general discussion, or I'll just move this concrete proposal there.

        Loading editor
    • No thank you. I like this thread where it is, although less discussion on names and location would be nice.

      Diamond Edhelgwath Shade-Elf Diamond

        Loading editor
    • High King Ithilion wrote: It would be the Avari faction, with an Eryn Caran subfaction.

      Eryn Caran is that forest northeast of the Sea of Rhun. But thinking about it, in Peoples of Middle-earth it is mentioned that the ancestors of the House of Hador lived there... I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Men there rather than Avari...

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      I honestly think that Men and Avari should live together, similar to in Dorwinion.. Except perhaps less intermixing in their societies. Different sub-biomes, similar to the Tauredain Clearing, perhaps? One is Mannish, one is Avari, and then they're kept entirely separate, but within the same area.

        Loading editor
    • Sounds like a perfect start for war between the two. Separate & likely looking down on each other... never good.

        Loading editor
    • I would suggest high tin bronze as refined bronze. 1 tin ingot/ore +1 bronze ingot = 1 or 2 refined bronze.

      High tin bronze is harder & less brittle that iron, so it makes since to use it as a better bronze variant, at least to me.

        Loading editor
    • Avari in Eriador...?

      Can we get a quote to prove this?

      Pretty sure they never left Hildorien, in Rhun...

      (You are saying the Avari live in Eriador right? Are you sure?...)

        Loading editor
    • anyways good suggestion, I like it.

        Loading editor
    • LordArvedui wrote:
      Avari in Eriador...?

      Can we get a quote to prove this?

      Pretty sure they never left Hildorien, in Rhun...

      (You are saying the Avari live in Eriador right? Are you sure?...)

      Lore even mentioned Avari joining the host of the Teleri that eventually joined the realm of Thingol in Doriath and the adjacent woods. TolkienGateway offers sufficient references for that reading.

        Loading editor
    • I heard that only some Easterling tribes lived in Eriador, I didn`t know that Avari lived there too

        Loading editor
    • Recneps wrote:

      High King Ithilion wrote: It would be the Avari faction, with an Eryn Caran subfaction.

      Eryn Caran is that forest northeast of the Sea of Rhun. But thinking about it, in Peoples of Middle-earth it is mentioned that the ancestors of the House of Hador lived there... I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Men there rather than Avari...

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      I honestly think that Men and Avari should live together, similar to in Dorwinion.. Except perhaps less intermixing in their societies. Different sub-biomes, similar to the Tauredain Clearing, perhaps? One is Mannish, one is Avari, and then they're kept entirely separate, but within the same area.

      Mevans has said that that intermixing in Dorwinion will end at some point, so I doubt it will be present in Eryn Caran.

      @Arvedui: It's in the last two Histories of Middle-earth.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
    • High King Ithilion wrote:

      Recneps wrote:

      High King Ithilion wrote: It would be the Avari faction, with an Eryn Caran subfaction.

      Eryn Caran is that forest northeast of the Sea of Rhun. But thinking about it, in Peoples of Middle-earth it is mentioned that the ancestors of the House of Hador lived there... I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Men there rather than Avari...

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      I honestly think that Men and Avari should live together, similar to in Dorwinion.. Except perhaps less intermixing in their societies. Different sub-biomes, similar to the Tauredain Clearing, perhaps? One is Mannish, one is Avari, and then they're kept entirely separate, but within the same area.

      Mevans has said that that intermixing in Dorwinion will end at some point, so I doubt it will be present in Eryn Caran.

      @Arvedui: It's in the last two Histories of Middle-earth.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      By intermixing, do you mean that Dorwinion will become totally homogeneous, or that elves and men will simply live in separate places?

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

        Loading editor
    • Xerped wrote:

      High King Ithilion wrote:

      Recneps wrote:

      High King Ithilion wrote: It would be the Avari faction, with an Eryn Caran subfaction.

      Eryn Caran is that forest northeast of the Sea of Rhun. But thinking about it, in Peoples of Middle-earth it is mentioned that the ancestors of the House of Hador lived there... I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Men there rather than Avari...

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      I honestly think that Men and Avari should live together, similar to in Dorwinion.. Except perhaps less intermixing in their societies. Different sub-biomes, similar to the Tauredain Clearing, perhaps? One is Mannish, one is Avari, and then they're kept entirely separate, but within the same area.
      Mevans has said that that intermixing in Dorwinion will end at some point, so I doubt it will be present in Eryn Caran.

      @Arvedui: It's in the last two Histories of Middle-earth.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

      By intermixing, do you mean that Dorwinion will become totally homogeneous, or that elves and men will simply live in separate places?

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

      Elves and Men will both play a role in Dorwinion, having different jobs and whatnot, but not live together and be relatively separated in the woods vs. in the hills and fields.

      Heraldry 2 Ithilion, Discussions Moderator(Auta i lómë)IthilionHeraldry

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.