FANDOM


  • Hello everyone! Today, I will get right to the point! Remaking the Last Desert: off we go

    Last Desert

    Now, to start off, I will NOT be suggesting Were-worms, as they are planned and have been suggested before, but its not 100% needed right now. The biome however i think, needs some work.



    The last desert is not really talked about too much in Tolkiens works, but I think there are a couple things we can gather from the physical landscape around it.

    1. 1) the last desert is a desert of itself, but yet it looks like the Harad Semi-desert. I think that there is too much dirt here, so: Change #1-

    Last Desert Edge- a small ring around the last desert, where there is a mixture of dirt and sand. After that, the real Last Desert starts, and there is only sand, with VERY little to no dirt.



    1. 2) Last Desert Dunes: like Mumakil skeletons being added instead of mumakil XD these could be added as "proof" of were worms. The desert would be really flat, but there would be big dunes stretching for random lengths from 10 blocks to a 100, showing that something really big was crawling/sliding/however-were-worms-move under the surface. These dunes could be up to 5 blocks tall, and just a small thing here and there to break up the surface.

    Also, if Mevans likes, he could add small holes or something like a roundish hole here and there in the surface, like a were-worm burst through the surface? not 100% needed though.



    1. 3) Mountains of the Wind Desert Edge- Sub Biome: the last desert touches the mountains of the wind. Mountain- made of stone+ Desert- made of sand= sub biome of sand and stone.



    1. 4) Snow! The last desert is quite far away, and it is next to a MOUNTAIN. I think it would make sense if occasionally, (perhaps only in the Mountains Desert Edge) there would be snow there occasionally, which spawns naturally, and there is a chance of snow instead of rain perhaps? I think this is possible, and would be quite cool too!



    Well guys, this is it! I know its not too much, but thats exactly the point. It won't be too hard to add in, and would make one biome a better place!


    Edit:

    This is another idea given, (ArcenGamer) And one which would make sense!

    1. 5) Were-worm skeletons: Like mumakil skeletons, these would be found like a random "structure" and would be primarily a VERY long, big ribcage! At the end would be a big head (or maybe not)

    This does not have to be added, but would make sense! (Again, thank you ArcenGamer for the idea!

      Loading editor
    • It aint much
        Loading editor
    • Honestly, there should not be snow. it may make sense somehow, but it will just look weird. Besides that this has to be one of the better suggestions ive seen in a while.

      Flag of Pandoxia Great Hunter Message me...or dont, i do not control you.

        Loading editor
    • Everything is great, I only have one thing: In a dune, under several layers of sand, a skeleton of a Were-Worm should be able to be found. It would be rare but it would be pretty cool too and make some very interesting ideas for a base.

        Loading editor
    • ArcenGamer wrote: Everything is great, I only have one thing: In a dune, under several layers of sand, a skeleton of a Were-Worm should be able to be found. It would be rare but it would be pretty cool too and make some very interesting ideas for a base.

      Would worms have skeletons?

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

        Loading editor
    • Xerped wrote:

      ArcenGamer wrote: Everything is great, I only have one thing: In a dune, under several layers of sand, a skeleton of a Were-Worm should be able to be found. It would be rare but it would be pretty cool too and make some very interesting ideas for a base.

      Would worms have skeletons?

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

      I googled it and got: "A earthworm does not have a skeleton. It has bristles on each segment called setae that help the earthworm move." So they have skeleton-like things. But keep in mind, Were-worms are huge so their setae or whatever else would be far larger.

        Loading editor
    • Tolkien also uses "worm" to refer to dragons on occasion as well, so I suppose were-worms could be a type of cold-drake.

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

        Loading editor
    • Angus McBride - Were worms
      This is a very popular depiction of a were-worm in tolkiens gateway.

      I do believe a were worm would have been (in Tolkiens mind) far closer to a dragon or drake than to a worm, more like a snake than a worm perhaps. So, since both dragons and snakes would have skeletons, I guess that WOULD be pretty smart!



      (Guys, thank you so much for the kudos! I know this sounds tacky, but really, thank u!)

        Loading editor
    • IronJaw333 wrote:
      Angus McBride - Were worms
      This is a very popular depiction of a were-worm in tolkiens gateway.

      I do believe a were worm would have been (in Tolkiens mind) far closer to a dragon or drake than to a worm, more like a snake than a worm perhaps. So, since both dragons and snakes would have skeletons, I guess that WOULD be pretty smart!



      (Guys, thank you so much for the kudos! I know this sounds tacky, but really, thank u!)

      I remember Grievous saying if Were-worms would be added, they would be based off the Allghoi Khorkhoi (Mongolian Death Worm). Maybe it could have bones, I agree with you on that.

      Jurassic Sean of Tol Hîth Visit my Park!

        Loading editor
    • Thanks for all the kudos guys, but we need 7 more kudos for it to be viable! Speak/kudos now or forever hold silent.

        Loading editor
    • IronJaw333 wrote:
      Thanks for all the kudos guys, but we need 7 more kudos for it to be viable! Speak/kudos now or forever hold silent.

      Maybe don't mention kudos in every message? It sounds desperate.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry mate, just want this endorsed. Would be pretty cool in my opinion, but ok!

        Loading editor
    • 20 kudos isn't that much. Good, viable suggestions always get endorsed. Often, bad suggestions can get endorsed too (not that yours is bad).

      High Elven EquipmentXerped The Antisocial(Don't click this)UmbaricEquipment

        Loading editor
    • Sildarflame posting:

      This is an idea for deserts in general. At the moment when it rains, we just get a black sky and no rain when in the desert. I would like it if players in desert biomes get a sandstorm effect when it rains. So lots of particles blocking you view with the loss of your compass and map location till it stops raining. Just to add a little more danger to traveling in the desert.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message