FANDOM


  • A problem I bet many people have faced is pledging. Some factions you need to be pledged to get certain things. What if you could get knighted?



    Kinghting: If you get enough alignment with a certain faction, the hiring person (ex. Rohan Marshal) will suddenly offer something to you:

    "I have seen the good deeds you have done, and I told them to the King/Chief/Head of place . He/She has offered a knightship. Do you accept?"



    It will be simmaler to pledging exept the more good deeds you do, the more rewards you get.



    P.S. This suggestion does not remove pledging, it just makes it so you can recive the special benefits of other factions to.



    Thank you for your time

      Loading editor
    • The name does not have to be knighting; it could have different names for different factions

        Loading editor
    • If this becomes a mechanic, please note that it would not have all the benefits of pledging; ex. you wouldn't be able to conquest

        Loading editor
    • You would have to EARN it, there wouldn't be a command

        Loading editor
    • Plus, mabye this is how if you aren't in the area of influence, you won't lose alighnment, thats all.

        Loading editor
    • I think this is a good idea, and would balance out some of the more problematic ideas with the pledging mechanic

        Loading editor
    • MilkMC
      MilkMC removed this reply because:
      useless
      03:27, January 21, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • What if you had to do quests from a person to increase chance of getting knighted? It would be a rondom occurene after getting 1500+ allignment???

        Loading editor
    • Maybe, knightship could be a better version of pledging. When your a knight, captains give you a discount and merchants give you stuff for free. But, if you break your knightship, you will become -50 alignment with that faction and have specific text messages such as "Traitor"!

        Loading editor
    • This would be SO useful! That way you can pledge to the faction you want, but can get pledge-only soldiers like Black Uruks from Mordor (since you need to do that for an achievement but if you're pledged to a different faction you can't, which sucks)

        Loading editor
    • I don't like it, no offence sir. A pledge should stay like this. You shouldn't get benefits from other factions, it gets rid of the whole thing. You should "make a choice with no regrets".

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      I don't like it, no offence sir. A pledge should stay like this. You shouldn't get benefits from other factions, it gets rid of the whole thing. You should "make a choice with no regrets".

      This is not a second pledge, it is like being a person of rohan. but getting recognised and praised in gondor

        Loading editor
    • 173.88.128.61 wrote:
      Maybe, knightship could be a better version of pledging. When your a knight, captains give you a discount and merchants give you stuff for free. But, if you break your knightship, you will become -50 alignment with that faction and have specific text messages such as "Traitor"!

      Wouln't that be a little too overpowered

        Loading editor
    • Something that always bothered me was that pledging felt really unfinished. But i think that adding something similar to knighting would fix it right up. It would be like a second to the pledge, it would pretty much be pledging, but with less benefits and more freedom with other factions. And maybe you could work your way up to becoming fully pledged instead of just pledging right away.

        Loading editor
    • I really don't like it, sorry :/

        Loading editor
    • Tnttnt115 wrote:
      Something that always bothered me was that pledging felt really unfinished. But i think that adding something similar to knighting would fix it right up. It would be like a second to the pledge, it would pretty much be pledging, but with less benefits and more freedom with other factions. And maybe you could work your way up to becoming fully pledged instead of just pledging right away.

      Exactly what I was trying to say

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      I really don't like it, sorry :/

      Don't be sorry man, posts on the suggestions forums are meant to be critiqued.​

        Loading editor
    • This would be okay. The issue is that if your'e playing for a faction allied with Mordor and attack Gondor you may be given a squadron of Black Uruks in an invasion. But in the mod, you can't. Maybe instead you just have to pledge to an allied faction and you recover certain troops. Another example is that Elven factions like Lothlorien would surely let you hire their warriors if you are aligned with the High Elves. And maybe you can only get a Knightship or something with the faction youv'e pledged to's allies.

        Loading editor
    • If its only with allies and not friends then its cool, but i'm still not overly happy about it....

        Loading editor
    • @Aragist02 That's FIne!

        Loading editor
    • Ritegaming wrote:
      This would be okay. The issue is that if your'e playing for a faction allied with Mordor and attack Gondor you may be given a squadron of Black Uruks in an invasion. But in the mod, you can't. Maybe instead you just have to pledge to an allied faction and you recover certain troops. Another example is that Elven factions like Lothlorien would surely let you hire their warriors if you are aligned with the High Elves. And maybe you can only get a Knightship or something with the faction youv'e pledged to's allies.

      I don't know about that...

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.