FANDOM


  • Hello everyone. I was wondering on something to help the modders and a way to improve the mod and the community.

    i've been constructing a big dwarven fortress, something similar to Khazad-dûm but with my vision where it would work as a dwarven outpost in the Misty Mountains where players could go to  and i would like to give it to the modding team so they could implement in the next release or in a future release. Is there any way that i can give it ? 


    P.S: if this is something completely stupid and i don't know about it then im really sorry about my ignorance and you may delete this

      Loading editor
    • I am not sure if you can submit builds to the team, but if it's possible I have a cool stronghold in mordor I would submit.

        Loading editor
    • i think that if many of the players would submit their constructions, it would grestly improve the modders work and make it easier in some ways i think :)

        Loading editor
    • Is there any modder interested? 

        Loading editor
    • I know just from lurking on these types of pages, No maybe if you can build it really really good. I would ask a Admin like Milk or The God Mevans

        Loading editor
    • Don't bother, Mevans does not accept builds from other people, he is very stubborn on that point, i know from the first hand that a dev of Ancient Warefare mod offered him a number of LOTR themed structures that the community donated to them (Ancient Warefare accepts donated structures) but he refused because he said he wanted to make them himself.

        Loading editor
    • It's not supported by lore.

      Jurassic Sean of Tol Hîth Visit my Park!

        Loading editor
    • It takes more than just a "schematic" of a structure to code it into the mod. Each block must be specifically coded and additionally it needs to be made malleable to the terrain. That's why there are no structures in the mod yet. This is pretty specifically laid out in WnTS

        Loading editor
    • Samoja1 wrote:
      Don't bother, Mevans does not accept builds from other people, he is very stubborn on that point, i know from the first hand that a dev of Ancient Warefare mod offered him a number of LOTR themed structures that the community donated to them (Ancient Warefare accepts donated structures) but he refused because he said he wanted to make them himself.

      True he is very stubborn of accepting builds from the community but you could make a addon.

        Loading editor
    • Jurassic Sean wrote:
      It's not supported by lore.

      Jurassic Sean of Tol Hîth Visit my Park!

      Well, you don't have the information about all settlements from everywhere, so you can only assume and there's nothing bad about it, for e.g, you creating a secret castle/settlement with only numenorean descendants with pure blood stil who have been hidden for ages, or a dwarvish outpost near Moria (as a support fort) , but i totally understand what you are saying and i respect it

        Loading editor
    • Samoja1 wrote:
      Don't bother, Mevans does not accept builds from other people, he is very stubborn on that point, i know from the first hand that a dev of Ancient Warefare mod offered him a number of LOTR themed structures that the community donated to them (Ancient Warefare accepts donated structures) but he refused because he said he wanted to make them himself.

      but how many members does the modding team have? they should try to hire more people. I bet there has been people who already built great cities and fortresses, they could try implement that into the mod. Unless he has already made a lot of fortresses and settlements but hasn't released yet because he will do it in a big release , maybe

        Loading editor
    • 2001:818:E243:A00:384B:61E4:45CE:D978 wrote:

      Samoja1 wrote:
      Don't bother, Mevans does not accept builds from other people, he is very stubborn on that point, i know from the first hand that a dev of Ancient Warefare mod offered him a number of LOTR themed structures that the community donated to them (Ancient Warefare accepts donated structures) but he refused because he said he wanted to make them himself.

      but how many members does the modding team have? they should try to hire more people. I bet there has been people who already built great cities and fortresses, they could try implement that into the mod. Unless he has already made a lot of fortresses and settlements but hasn't released yet because he will do it in a big release , maybe


      Well Mevans has stated that he is the only one that wants to do the coding. Quote from Gen Grievous "This mod is Mevan's child.". Would YOU trust your own son or daughter with random wiki people that you don't know?

        Loading editor
    • Foeslayer12 wrote:

      2001:818:E243:A00:384B:61E4:45CE:D978 wrote:

      Samoja1 wrote:
      Don't bother, Mevans does not accept builds from other people, he is very stubborn on that point, i know from the first hand that a dev of Ancient Warefare mod offered him a number of LOTR themed structures that the community donated to them (Ancient Warefare accepts donated structures) but he refused because he said he wanted to make them himself.
      but how many members does the modding team have? they should try to hire more people. I bet there has been people who already built great cities and fortresses, they could try implement that into the mod. Unless he has already made a lot of fortresses and settlements but hasn't released yet because he will do it in a big release , maybe

      Well Mevans has stated that he is the only one that wants to do the coding. Quote from Gen Grievous "This mod is Mevan's child.". Would YOU trust your own son or daughter with random wiki people that you don't know?

      Of course, seeing as Mevans is not using structure scanner coding is something like 95% of the work, which means it's more or less a one man band.

        Loading editor
    • What I am interested in, are those LOTR structures from Ancien Warfare. Any way I could get my hands on those?

        Loading editor
    • SWVWC wrote:
      What I am interested in, are those LOTR structures from Ancien Warfare. Any way I could get my hands on those?

      what do you mean Ancien Warfare structures? 

        Loading editor
    • SWVWC wrote:
      What I am interested in, are those LOTR structures from Ancien Warfare. Any way I could get my hands on those?

      You would have to speak to Mohawky on AW discord. Though IDK what you want with them, they are just scans, they are not exactly ready to be spawned procedurally.

        Loading editor
    • Samoja1 wrote:

      SWVWC wrote:
      What I am interested in, are those LOTR structures from Ancien Warfare. Any way I could get my hands on those?

      You would have to speak to Mohawky on AW discord. Though IDK what you want with them, they are just scans, they are not exactly ready to be spawned procedurally.

      … oh. Rats. That'd be fun tho

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.