FANDOM


  • A humble request to the developers: I feel adding mobs based on the SoM monsters (Ghūl, Caragor, and Graug) would make Mordor come alive.

      Loading editor
    • I dont see why not. Doesn't conflict with canon-lore and adds some nice and interesting creatures. Honestly quite surprised it hadn't crossed my mind previously.

        Loading editor
    • BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      I dont see why not. Doesn't conflict with canon-lore and adds some nice and interesting creatures. Honestly quite surprised it hadn't crossed my mind previously.

      Are you joking? It totaly goes in against lore. Also most of the fanbase (for that reason) dislikes the story of SOM/W and so this probably won't happen. It has also been asked before and the answer was no.

        Loading editor
    • Why do we need Caragors and Graugs when they're basically just copies of Wargs and Trolls? And why do we need to choose content from SoW over all the other non-canon things we could theoretically choose from?

        Loading editor
    • While I agree Mordor needs more life, and I do like things from lotr game being added, I don't like it if its this uncannon.

      Never played SoM/SoW, but I still disagree with this because they are apparently just copies of already existing creatures.

        Loading editor
    • This has been suggested before I think.

        Loading editor
    • Ya, it has. Can't remember when though....

        Loading editor
    • While we are at it how about we also add minotaurs and Hydras, and can we have a flying saucer in Shire. I mean Tolkien never expressly said there wasn't a flying saucer in Shire so it doesn't conflict with canon-lore right?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah! He does have a point! Though I think the mods wouldn't like the flying saucer in Shire.

        Loading editor
    • Sarcasm, real mature brov.

      Honestly, this is better than suggesting minotaurs and flying saucers. THIS is at least LotR related. It might not be cannon to LotR, but its more related. Cut the guy some slack.

        Loading editor
    • "Ya?"  What are we, German?



      Plus, these... things (I don't know much about SOM/W) are related more to the Westlands, where canonity is taken more seriously.  Were this a game about Harad or Rhún (SOM/W, not MCLOTRM) a non-canon suggestion would be more likely to be considered simply due to the lack of material related to those areas in canon.  The West is fully fleshed-out (more or less), however, so adding non-canon material just gets people ticked off.

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      Sarcasm, real mature brov.

      Honestly, this is better than suggesting minotaurs and flying saucers. THIS is at least LotR related. It might not be cannon to LotR, but its more related. Cut the guy some slack.

      Well in my LOTR fanfiction there are Minotaurs and flying saucers, why should we entertain his LOTR fanfiction and not mine?

        Loading editor
    • Firstly Fandom user, wth is this about us being Germans? Germans are great.

      Second, Samoja1, I highly doubt you have any fanfiction of this sort. These SoM/W are not fanfiction anyway, they are (apparently) great games, that are highly more believable than minotaurs and flying saucers.

      I'm not saying they should be added, I'm just saying i wouldn't be upset if they were, whereas I would be upset if Minotaurs and Saucers were added.

      Honestly, Mordor needs more mobs. These aren't bad for place holders or something.

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      Firstly Fandom user, wth is this about us being Germans? Germans are great.

      Second, Samoja1, I highly doubt you have any fanfiction of this sort. These SoM/W are not fanfiction anyway, they are (apparently) great games, that are highly more believable than minotaurs and flying saucers.

      I'm not saying they should be added, I'm just saying i wouldn't be upset if they were, whereas I would be upset if Minotaurs and Saucers were added.

      Honestly, Mordor needs more mobs. These aren't bad for place holders or something.

      I disagree, it is fanfiction, it was not sanctioned by Tolkien Estate and directly contradicts established lore. Therefore not canon, therefore fanfiction.

        Loading editor
    • Ghuls are near undead creatures, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to exist in Mordor in the lore.

      Graugs aren't quite as offensive, but I'd still say they should probably be left out. It's possibly some kind of ape/elephant like creature could exist in Mordor (or more likely Nurn), but I'm not sure.

      Caragors are the only creatures I think are 100% lore friendly, and they should probably exist in Nurn, but these Caragors shouldn't be like the ones in SoM. They should be more like large black lions, as the developers mentioned that Caragors are to lions what Wargs are to wolves. And in the real world, until the last few centuries, lions were very widespread across the planet.

        Loading editor
    • 69.242.54.218 wrote:
      Ghuls are near undead creatures, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to exist in Mordor in the lore.

      Graugs aren't quite as offensive, but I'd still say they should probably be left out. It's possibly some kind of ape/elephant like creature could exist in Mordor (or more likely Nurn), but I'm not sure.

      Caragors are the only creatures I think are 100% lore friendly, and they should probably exist in Nurn, but these Caragors shouldn't be like the ones in SoM. They should be more like large black lions, as the developers mentioned that Caragors are to lions what Wargs are to wolves. And in the real world, until the last few centuries, lions were very widespread across the planet.

      What are you talking about. Just because wargs look like wolves does not mean that their has to be a cat like creature in Mordor to. Also Graugs defenitly dont make sense since they would have definitly been used by Sauron powerful as they are (or killed.)

      If they add any creatures to mordor it should be the fellbeasts and greatbeasts (the ones that pulled grond)

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      Firstly Fandom user, wth is this about us being Germans? Germans are great.

      Second, Samoja1, I highly doubt you have any fanfiction of this sort. These SoM/W are not fanfiction anyway, they are (apparently) great games, that are highly more believable than minotaurs and flying saucers.

      I'm not saying they should be added, I'm just saying i wouldn't be upset if they were, whereas I would be upset if Minotaurs and Saucers were added.

      Honestly, Mordor needs more mobs. These aren't bad for place holders or something.

      Can you please explain to me how in a fantasy universe with made up creatures a random creature from other mythology makes more sense to be their than an other? Minotaurs would make more sense to be honest in my opinion since we atleast know men and bulls exist and that their is crossbreeding going on in middle earth.

      The games being good does not make any of the lore in in more or less believable. And not being upset with SOM/W creatures. Well that is just like.. your opinion man.

        Loading editor
    • Those ones are at least LotR related! It they have a closer tie than Greek monsters and Aliens!

      Hardly any of the creatures in Middle-Earth are like the ones for real life mythology. All of them are different.

      I can agree that Minotaurs aren't unrealistic, but I'd prefer everything remains special and unique, which Minotaurs are not.

      No question about Flying Saucers being rubbish though.

        Loading editor
    • BraveSold!3r wrote:
       
      What are you talking about. Just because wargs look like wolves does not mean that their has to be a cat like creature in Mordor to.

      Also Graugs defenitly dont make sense since they would have definitly been used by Sauron powerful as they are (or killed.)

      If they add any creatures to mordor it should be the fellbeasts and greatbeasts (the ones that pulled grond)

      Wargs ARE wolves. Haven't you read the hobbit?

        Loading editor
    • Ghuls could maybe be added, but like a snaga.

      I just looked at Graugs and I say no to them being added, as they are found in-game. They should ONLY be in Mordor and ONLY be the fire version. But the poison can be found in Nùnen.

      Caragors, on the other hand, is the ONLY one the community allows, and I support it.

        Loading editor
    • Ritegaming wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
       
      What are you talking about. Just because wargs look like wolves does not mean that their has to be a cat like creature in Mordor to.

      Also Graugs defenitly dont make sense since they would have definitly been used by Sauron powerful as they are (or killed.)

      If they add any creatures to mordor it should be the fellbeasts and greatbeasts (the ones that pulled grond)

      Wargs ARE wolves. Haven't you read the hobbit?

      They are not real wolves like we have on earth. That is why i said: look like wolves Or can real life wolves talk with each other? HaVeN't YoU ReAd ThE HobBiT?

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      Those ones are at least LotR related! It they have a closer tie than Greek monsters and Aliens!

      Hardly any of the creatures in Middle-Earth are like the ones for real life mythology. All of them are different.

      I can agree that Minotaurs aren't unrealistic, but I'd prefer everything remains special and unique, which Minotaurs are not.

      No question about Flying Saucers being rubbish though.

      • hose ones are at least LotR related! It they have a closer tie than Greek monsters and Aliens!*

      My question was how they are more lotr related since they don't appear in tolkiens work. You can't make jugements what is more LOTR related when it comes from fantasy outside the real lore.

      • Hardly any of the creatures in Middle-Earth are like the ones for real life mythology.*

      Dwarves, orcs, dragons, wargs, talking ravens just from the top of my head.

        Loading editor
    • BraveSold!3r wrote:

      69.242.54.218 wrote:
      Ghuls are near undead creatures, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to exist in Mordor in the lore.

      Graugs aren't quite as offensive, but I'd still say they should probably be left out. It's possibly some kind of ape/elephant like creature could exist in Mordor (or more likely Nurn), but I'm not sure.

      Caragors are the only creatures I think are 100% lore friendly, and they should probably exist in Nurn, but these Caragors shouldn't be like the ones in SoM. They should be more like large black lions, as the developers mentioned that Caragors are to lions what Wargs are to wolves. And in the real world, until the last few centuries, lions were very widespread across the planet.

      What are you talking about. Just because wargs look like wolves does not mean that their has to be a cat like creature in Mordor to. Also Graugs defenitly dont make sense since they would have definitly been used by Sauron powerful as they are (or killed.)

      If they add any creatures to mordor it should be the fellbeasts and greatbeasts (the ones that pulled grond)

      I never said there had to be "cat-like" creatures in Mordor. I only said that Caragors are based on real world animals, and thus would make sense to exist (obviously not in the same form as SoM, probably more lion-like).

      Lions aren't exclusive to Africa, they used to exist in Europe and Asia before the rise of the modern world. And Middle Earth is intended to be Earth in the past.

      I also agree that Great Beasts should be added, but they're just as non-canon as Caragors are. And the excuse that Harad wasn't "fleshed out" in the lore doesn't work, because neither was Mordor.

        Loading editor
    • Hardly any of the creatures in Middle-Earth are like the ones for real life mythology.* Dwarves, orcs, dragons, wargs, talking ravens just from the top of my head.

      Yes, but they are different and unique.

        Loading editor
    • Aragost02 wrote:
      Those ones are at least LotR related! It they have a closer tie than Greek monsters and Aliens!

      Hardly any of the creatures in Middle-Earth are like the ones for real life mythology. All of them are different.

      I can agree that Minotaurs aren't unrealistic, but I'd prefer everything remains special and unique, which Minotaurs are not.

      No question about Flying Saucers being rubbish though.

      No they are not LOTR related, slapping a LOTR sticker on it does not make it LOTR. Those creatures are non canon and exist in a work that goes against canon, adding them would mean equating SoM/W lore with actual Tolkien lore.

        Loading editor
    • BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Ritegaming wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
       
      What are you talking about. Just because wargs look like wolves does not mean that their has to be a cat like creature in Mordor to.

      Also Graugs defenitly dont make sense since they would have definitly been used by Sauron powerful as they are (or killed.)

      If they add any creatures to mordor it should be the fellbeasts and greatbeasts (the ones that pulled grond)

      Wargs ARE wolves. Haven't you read the hobbit?
      They are not real wolves like we have on earth. That is why i said: look like wolves Or can real life wolves talk with each other? HaVeN't YoU ReAd ThE HobBiT?

      Yes, I have. Now, I recall TOLKIEN stating in the hobbit that they were wolves, and real life wolves CAN talk to each other! I will find the quote.

        Loading editor
    • ... especially against the evil packs that lived under the shadows of the goblin-infested mountains, over the Edge of the Wild on the borders of the unknown. Wolves of that sort smell keener than goblins, and do not need to see you to catch you!

        Loading editor
    • Case closed

        Loading editor
    • Ritegaming wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Ritegaming wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
       
      What are you talking about. Just because wargs look like wolves does not mean that their has to be a cat like creature in Mordor to.

      Also Graugs defenitly dont make sense since they would have definitly been used by Sauron powerful as they are (or killed.)

      If they add any creatures to mordor it should be the fellbeasts and greatbeasts (the ones that pulled grond)

      Wargs ARE wolves. Haven't you read the hobbit?
      They are not real wolves like we have on earth. That is why i said: look like wolves Or can real life wolves talk with each other? HaVeN't YoU ReAd ThE HobBiT?
      Yes, I have. Now, I recall TOLKIEN stating in the hobbit that they were wolves, and real life wolves CAN talk to each other! I will find the quote.

      I think you are conflating being able to communicate with being able to perform complex speaking patterns (language). Wolves can't talk with each other. They however are able to commincate with eachother.

        Loading editor
    • Ritegaming wrote:
      ... especially against the evil packs that lived under the shadows of the goblin-infested mountains, over the Edge of the Wild on the borders of the unknown. Wolves of that sort smell keener than goblins, and do not need to see you to catch you!

      Again you are falsely equating what i am actually saying. They may be wolves in his universe, but i am talking about real life wolves.

        Loading editor
    • I just wanted to state that I wasn't in fact saying they should be added. I was just commenting that it wouldn't be a bad idea necessarily, and I wouldn't be totally unhappy if it was.

      In all honesty, I don't really have a reason to be arguing about this since I've never played the game, and a few of the things I'm saying contradict each other. Like I said, I was just commenting and didn't expect a whole convo that would last for days, otherwise I wouldn't have commented this specifically.

      Aragost02 is out, Peace!

        Loading editor
    • Same here. Peace out✌🏼

        Loading editor
    • Ill keep arguing with myself than :P

        Loading editor
    • Boy I sure do love how people here are mad at this suggestion being "sO uNcAnOn" when the mod ACTUALLY HAS entirely non-canon jungle people in Far Harad.

        Loading editor
    • Would you rather Far Harad has nothing?

        Loading editor
    • Kid Herbivore wrote:
      Boy I sure do love how people here are mad at this suggestion being "sO uNcAnOn" when the mod ACTUALLY HAS entirely non-canon jungle people in Far Harad.

      https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Haradrim

        Loading editor
    • Jeez I don't even remember commenting on this. Now, fanfiction. THIS MOD IS FANFICTION. Get a grip and stop arguing blatantly without sufficient evidence. I got sick of reading half-way through this discussion, but continued despite this. Now, you might argue "Blah blah blah so this conflicts with stuff," but in reality the mobs themselves are definitely 'lore-friendly' and is one of the things I was just fine with in the game's lore. I, personally, have found SoM and SoW to not be lore-friendly. Yet the creatures really aren't that contradictory (specifically graugs and caragors as I don't care much for the ghuls). Also, BraveSold!3r, they're talking specifically of Far Harad, as in relating to Taurethrim and Morewaith and the soon to be added similar people. Honestly, I don't care much for adding the creatures, I was just pointing out how it wouldn't conflict and how they'd be an alright addition. Please learn to argue AND explain your point explicitly.

        Loading editor
    • BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Jeez I don't even remember commenting on this. Now, fanfiction. THIS MOD IS FANFICTION. Get a grip and stop arguing blatantly without sufficient evidence. I got sick of reading half-way through this discussion, but continued despite this. Now, you might argue "Blah blah blah so this conflicts with stuff," but in reality the mobs themselves are definitely 'lore-friendly' and is one of the things I was just fine with in the game's lore. I, personally, have found SoM and SoW to not be lore-friendly. Yet the creatures really aren't that contradictory (specifically graugs and caragors as I don't care much for the ghuls). Also, BraveSold!3r, they're talking specifically of Far Harad, as in relating to Taurethrim and Morewaith and the soon to be added similar people. Honestly, I don't care much for adding the creatures, I was just pointing out how it wouldn't conflict and how they'd be an alright addition. Please learn to argue AND explain your point expicitly.

      I don't even like the Taurethrim and Morwaith because i think they don't fit in the Tolkiel world, why should i not complain when someone is advocating for adding something that has nothing to do with Tolkien. SoM and SoW are not Tolkien works, they are a tick, a parasite, using LOTR name and brand to drive sales while at the same time spitting in the face of both lore and themes of the original LOTR canon. Quite frankly it could have been a completely separate series and nothing would have changed, since it's quite clear that the creators knowledge of LOTR lore is shallower then a puddle.

        Loading editor
    • BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Jeez I don't even remember commenting on this. Now, fanfiction. THIS MOD IS FANFICTION. Get a grip and stop arguing blatantly without sufficient evidence. I got sick of reading half-way through this discussion, but continued despite this. Now, you might argue "Blah blah blah so this conflicts with stuff," but in reality the mobs themselves are definitely 'lore-friendly' and is one of the things I was just fine with in the game's lore. I, personally, have found SoM and SoW to not be lore-friendly. Yet the creatures really aren't that contradictory (specifically graugs and caragors as I don't care much for the ghuls). Also, BraveSold!3r, they're talking specifically of Far Harad, as in relating to Taurethrim and Morewaith and the soon to be added similar people. Honestly, I don't care much for adding the creatures, I was just pointing out how it wouldn't conflict and how they'd be an alright addition. Please learn to argue AND explain your point expicitly.

      The point i was making is that the Haradrim had different tribes throughout Harad (as to my knowledge atleast) The only thing is that we do not know what they are like. We can't just put people their and not give them some sort of culure right? I don't even know how that would be possible. That is why i think the Taurethrim and Morewaith are not a problem. Graugs on the other hand are never mentioned and are very powerfull beasts (being able to pick up Olog Hai and eat them) And yet this creature was never used by Sauron? Unbelievable. Same goes for Caragors in lesser extend. Ghuls would make the most sense in my opinion (without them shooting posion) , but i don't see why it is necessary especially when we have two types of (in my opinion) way more epic canon creatures that still need to be added..

        Loading editor
    • BraveSold!3r wrote:

      BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Jeez I don't even remember commenting on this. Now, fanfiction. THIS MOD IS FANFICTION. Get a grip and stop arguing blatantly without sufficient evidence. I got sick of reading half-way through this discussion, but continued despite this. Now, you might argue "Blah blah blah so this conflicts with stuff," but in reality the mobs themselves are definitely 'lore-friendly' and is one of the things I was just fine with in the game's lore. I, personally, have found SoM and SoW to not be lore-friendly. Yet the creatures really aren't that contradictory (specifically graugs and caragors as I don't care much for the ghuls). Also, BraveSold!3r, they're talking specifically of Far Harad, as in relating to Taurethrim and Morewaith and the soon to be added similar people. Honestly, I don't care much for adding the creatures, I was just pointing out how it wouldn't conflict and how they'd be an alright addition. Please learn to argue AND explain your point expicitly.

      The point i was making is that the Haradrim had different tribes throughout Harad (as to my knowledge atleast) The only thing is that we do not know what they are like. We can't just put people their and not give them some sort of culure right? I don't even know how that would be possible. That is why i think the Taurethrim and Morewaith are not a problem. Graugs on the other hand are never mentioned and are very powerfull beasts (being able to pick up Olog Hai and eat them) And yet this creature was never used by Sauron? Unbelievable. Same goes for Caragors in lesser extend. Ghuls would make the most sense in my opinion (without them shooting posion) , but i don't see why it is necessary especially when we have two types of (in my opinion) way more epic canon creatures that still need to be added..

      Which creatures? Dragons, fell beasts, mumakil, or those beasts pulling the giant ram in the siege of Minas Tirith?

        Loading editor
    • Lotrproduct wrote:

      BraveSold!3r wrote:

      BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Jeez I don't even remember commenting on this. Now, fanfiction. THIS MOD IS FANFICTION. Get a grip and stop arguing blatantly without sufficient evidence. I got sick of reading half-way through this discussion, but continued despite this. Now, you might argue "Blah blah blah so this conflicts with stuff," but in reality the mobs themselves are definitely 'lore-friendly' and is one of the things I was just fine with in the game's lore. I, personally, have found SoM and SoW to not be lore-friendly. Yet the creatures really aren't that contradictory (specifically graugs and caragors as I don't care much for the ghuls). Also, BraveSold!3r, they're talking specifically of Far Harad, as in relating to Taurethrim and Morewaith and the soon to be added similar people. Honestly, I don't care much for adding the creatures, I was just pointing out how it wouldn't conflict and how they'd be an alright addition. Please learn to argue AND explain your point expicitly.
      The point i was making is that the Haradrim had different tribes throughout Harad (as to my knowledge atleast) The only thing is that we do not know what they are like. We can't just put people their and not give them some sort of culure right? I don't even know how that would be possible. That is why i think the Taurethrim and Morewaith are not a problem.

      Graugs on the other hand are never mentioned and are very powerfull beasts (being able to pick up Olog Hai and eat them) And yet this creature was never used by Sauron? Unbelievable. Same goes for Caragors in lesser extend. Ghuls would make the most sense in my opinion (without them shooting posion) , but i don't see why it is necessary especially when we have two types of (in my opinion) way more epic canon creatures that still need to be added..

      Which creatures? Dragons, fell beasts, mumakil, or those beasts pulling the giant ram in the siege of Minas Tirith?

      Beasts pushing grond (great beasts) and fellbeasts. Though mumakil and Dragons are also more important than graugs,caragors or ghuls.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, Sauron couldn't control all beasts easily. As well as that, perhaps the Graugs and Caragors were currently being bred, as in they were low in population. Therefore, they would most likely generally reside solely in Mordor.

      And you exaggerated their capabilities, as they, in fact, were obviously not able to PICK UP an Olog-hai and eat them. They certainly, however are stronger, yet that would also help support the fact that Sauron was attempting to breed them to obtain a more fearsome creature. This is further supported by the fact that there are Olog-Graugs which would mean that they are DEFINITELY being bred to be powerful but smarter.

      I know there's no way most people consider this suggestion anymore... Which is mostly based on bias, but the more I argue for it, the more it makes sense that it would be a pretty good idea rather than simply a sub-par one.

      Sure, there's yet to be things that we're all looking forward to, such as Mumakil, but these are much smaller creatures and aren't as difficult to implement (Caragors are rather small, and Graugs are similar to trolls, to where the details could mesh together in minecraft).

        Loading editor
    • Also, just to be clear, I was giving an explanation as to why they would only appear in mordor, as I'm well aware that official SoM lore says that they also inhabit other places (namely the blue mountains). If that game is fanfiction, then why don't we make fanfiction on fanfiction? I mean, Tolkien's work is technically even a fanfiction of real life.

        Loading editor
    • BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Also, just to be clear, I was giving an explanation as to why they would only appear in mordor, as I'm well aware that official SoM lore says that they also inhabit other places (namely the blue mountains). If that game is fanfiction, then why don't we make fanfiction on fanfiction? I mean, Tolkien's work is technically even a fanfiction of real life.

      Because this is LOTR mod, LOTR, not some silly spinoff, or will you next suggest we make giamt spiders transform into skimpily clad go-go dancers? Mental image alone still makes me wanna puke.

        Loading editor
    • I don't see the purpuse in throwing a fit over this. There's only so much information given by Tolkien. Would you much rather Far Harad be filled only with every mention of things talking about it?

      Now, it's very easy to infer that Morgoth and Sauron bred many creatures, including those that are unrevealed, or considered obsolete. You act as though inference is treason. You also aren't arguing with the logic behind it. Sarcasm is only able to take the place of evidence for so much until it just seems ridiculous.

        Loading editor
    • BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Actually, Sauron couldn't control all beasts easily. As well as that, perhaps the Graugs and Caragors were currently being bred, as in they were low in population. Therefore, they would most likely generally reside solely in Mordor.

      And you exaggerated their capabilities, as they, in fact, were obviously not able to PICK UP an Olog-hai and eat them. They certainly, however are stronger, yet that would also help support the fact that Sauron was attempting to breed them to obtain a more fearsome creature. This is further supported by the fact that there are Olog-Graugs which would mean that they are DEFINITELY being bred to be powerful but smarter.

      I know there's no way most people consider this suggestion anymore... Which is mostly based on bias, but the more I argue for it, the more it makes sense that it would be a pretty good idea rather than simply a sub-par one.

      Sure, there's yet to be things that we're all looking forward to, such as Mumakil, but these are much smaller creatures and aren't as difficult to implement (Caragors are rather small, and Graugs are similar to trolls, to where the details could mesh together in minecraft).

      • Actually, Sauron couldn't control all beasts easily. As well as that, perhaps the Graugs and Caragors were currently being bred, as in they were low in population. Therefore, they would most likely generally reside solely in Mordor.*

      This is not what we see ingame so your just making stuff up about them (which is fine because they are fan fiction) but you truly belief frodo did not come across it. No one mentioned it during the SEVEN YEAR siege of barad dur (would have been a great time to use them) or when Aragorn was waiting at the gate.

      • And you exaggerated their capabilities, as they, in fact, were obviously not able to PICK UP an Olog-hai and eat them. They certainly, however are stronger, yet that ​​​​​​​would also help support the fact that Sauron was attempting to breed them to obtain a more fearsome creature. This is further supported by the fact that there are Olog-Graugs which would mean that they are DEFINITELY being bred to be powerful but smarter.*

      Did you play the games??? Graugs litteraly pick up and eat Olog Hai in it. Also the olog-graugs are not a mix between a olog hai and graug, just a more powerfull graug.

      • I know there's no way most people consider this suggestion anymore... Which is mostly based on bias, but the more I argue for it, the more it makes sense that it would be a pretty good idea rather than simply a sub-par one.*
        If you mean bias for lore friendlyness than definitly yes.
        Graug

        Graug


      ​​​​​​​  Graig size next to olog hai in game     ----------------------------------------->

        Loading editor
    • BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Also, just to be clear, I was giving an explanation as to why they would only appear in mordor, as I'm well aware that official SoM lore says that they also inhabit other places (namely the blue mountains). If that game is fanfiction, then why don't we make fanfiction on fanfiction? I mean, Tolkien's work is technically even a fanfiction of real life.

      Because like Samoja1 said, this is a mod about Tolkiens work. Not the work of every rando with the imagination of an eight year old. Tolkien made his own story with inspiration from other places. This mod is not about making its own world. its about creating tolkiens world.

      And it is even written in the Mevans WNTS: (Any animal, plant or food item that is not specifically mentioned in lore but that can be considered a possible addition because it is known to mankind on earth and it does not contradict lore.)

      So please stop with these silly suggestions because they wont be added and most (and also the mods creator) does not want these added or sugessted.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, fine. As stated before I honestly don't care all that much and it's obvious it won't be added. I also realized my knowledge on olog-hai is lackluster. I'm done with this debate as there's really no point.

        Loading editor
    • BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Kid Herbivore wrote:
      Boy I sure do love how people here are mad at this suggestion being "sO uNcAnOn" when the mod ACTUALLY HAS entirely non-canon jungle people in Far Harad.
      https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Haradrim

      FAR Harad, not Near Harad. And I was referring to the Taurethrim.

        Loading editor
    • Kid Herbivore wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Kid Herbivore wrote:
      Boy I sure do love how people here are mad at this suggestion being "sO uNcAnOn" when the mod ACTUALLY HAS entirely non-canon jungle people in Far Harad.
      https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Haradrim
      FAR Harad, not Near Harad. And I was referring to the Taurethrim.

      Harad's tribes included into those of Near and Far Harad, although there were many tribes of the Haradrim, often mutually hostile. Some of the peoples of Far Harad were organized into kingdoms.[7]

        Loading editor
    • BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Kid Herbivore wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Kid Herbivore wrote:
      Boy I sure do love how people here are mad at this suggestion being "sO uNcAnOn" when the mod ACTUALLY HAS entirely non-canon jungle people in Far Harad.
      https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Haradrim
      FAR Harad, not Near Harad. And I was referring to the Taurethrim.
      Harad's tribes included into those of Near and Far Harad, although there were many tribes of the Haradrim, often mutually hostile. Some of the peoples of Far Harad were organized into kingdoms.[7]

      Missed that, my bad. Still doesn't matter considering the Taurethrim as a name doesn't exist in tolkien lore and their armor, weaponry, buildings, etc are all fabrications by the mod team as far as I can tell. The only thing that I understand to be canon is their organization as kingdoms. If I'm wrong about anything please let me know.

        Loading editor
    • Kid Herbivore wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Kid Herbivore wrote:
      BraveSold!3r wrote:
      Kid Herbivore wrote:
      Boy I sure do love how people here are mad at this suggestion being "sO uNcAnOn" when the mod ACTUALLY HAS entirely non-canon jungle people in Far Harad.
      https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Haradrim
      FAR Harad, not Near Harad. And I was referring to the Taurethrim.
      Harad's tribes included into those of Near and Far Harad, although there were many tribes of the Haradrim, often mutually hostile. Some of the peoples of Far Harad were organized into kingdoms.[7]
      Missed that, my bad. Still doesn't matter considering the Taurethrim as a name doesn't exist in tolkien lore and their armor, weaponry, buildings, etc are all fabrications by the mod team as far as I can tell. The only thing that I understand to be canon is their organization as kingdoms. If I'm wrong about anything please let me know.

      Yes, but as i previously explained. It is impossible to add a faction without giving the a culture right? I really don't know how that would be possible. Because if the mod them did not give them structures than that would be part of their cuture and the other way around same with names etc. So 1. We know Far-Harad has people in it and kingdoms, but no more information. 2 So we add the people and kingdoms, but when you add these you have to automaticaly give them a culture. so this has to be made up it is neccesary, but following  the lore and not conflicting with it.

        Loading editor
    • I really doubt this type of ideas are carried out, it was always very clear that only the things that did not contradict the lore would be added, in this way we will not see dwarf cars pulled by goats, and in the same way we will not see carago, this because they are simply the white mark of wargs and trolls in the middle earth universe, mordor does not need more "life" basically because the main characteristic of Mordor is that it lacks "life" only orcs, uruks, trolls in the mountains and I do not remember If wargs in the valleys, what more life can you expect in a place where there is hardly any water and the only plants are thorny bushes?

      Sorry for bad english x_X

        Loading editor
    • Samoja1 wrote:

      BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Also, just to be clear, I was giving an explanation as to why they would only appear in mordor, as I'm well aware that official SoM lore says that they also inhabit other places (namely the blue mountains). If that game is fanfiction, then why don't we make fanfiction on fanfiction? I mean, Tolkien's work is technically even a fanfiction of real life.

      Because this is LOTR mod, LOTR, not some silly spinoff, or will you next suggest we make giamt spiders transform into skimpily clad go-go dancers? Mental image alone still makes me wanna puke.

      Shelob's transformation is actually one of the least offensive things in that game lore wise, at least compared to Helm Hammerhand being a Nazgul and such.

      I don't think there's anything wrong with adding content from "silly spinoffs". I don't think Tolkien would approve of this kind of lore fanaticism. That being said, i don't these things should be added in their pure form. They should be modified to better suit the lore.

        Loading editor
    • 69.242.54.218 wrote:

      Samoja1 wrote:

      BlueGoldenRose wrote:
      Also, just to be clear, I was giving an explanation as to why they would only appear in mordor, as I'm well aware that official SoM lore says that they also inhabit other places (namely the blue mountains). If that game is fanfiction, then why don't we make fanfiction on fanfiction? I mean, Tolkien's work is technically even a fanfiction of real life.
      Because this is LOTR mod, LOTR, not some silly spinoff, or will you next suggest we make giamt spiders transform into skimpily clad go-go dancers? Mental image alone still makes me wanna puke.
      Shelob's transformation is actually one of the least offensive things in that game lore wise, at least compared to Helm Hammerhand being a Nazgul and such.

      I don't think there's anything wrong with adding content from "silly spinoffs". I don't think Tolkien would approve of this kind of lore fanaticism. That being said, i don't these things should be added in their pure form. They should be modified to better suit the lore.

      You don't get it man, Shelob has been hunting my nightmares since before i even knew about her, AFAIK the whole giant spider trope was created by Tolkien. The fact they made her transform into a woman, imagine if she went to hug you and then transformed back, ugh, or her mask slipped for a moment. The whole, sexualizng a giant spider thing seems beyond perverse to me.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.