Umbar Archers are fearsome bowmen clad in the steel and bronze armour of the Havens. With the infantry of Umbar, these troops stand proudly as the mightiest warriors of the Southrons, and they have never forgotten their long hatred of the Men of Gondor.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Umbar Archers can be found in the lands of Umbar and the Umbar Hills. They are mainly found guarding settlements, towns, and fortresses. The archers also wander around the land on patrols. Like the Umbar Soldiers, they defend the line at the edge of Near Harad (Region).
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Umbar Archers guard the lands around the Haven of Umbar, vigilantly defending the towns of their people. If an Umbar Archer spots an enemy NPC or player, they will immediately loose arrows upon their foe. You will escape the hail of arrows flying at you at around 30 blocks away.
Hiring[edit | edit source]
These archers can be hired from an Umbar Captain within a stronghold in Umbar starting at around 200+ alignment with Near Harad, this process will cost about 30 coins and cost less as you increase and pledge to Near Harad, you can also buy a warhorn for these units for 2000 coins, but only if you have 1500+ alignment.
Drops[edit | edit source]
The Umbar archer can be killed and it can drop a variety of items, the most common of which is bones as most enemies. On occasion they may drop some food or a drink, and maybe an empty cup/mug, other miscellaneous items include things like paper, leather, arrows, etc. The rarest item drop for the Umbar archers can be either a piece of their armour, or their bow. They also provide +1 alignment for factions against Harad if killed.
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- I can smell the stench of the North on you. What's your business here?
- Bleedin' Adûnâim up North think they've got it all right, well they've not, Person!
- Stay clear of the shores of the Swan, Person. They're crawling with fighting Gondorians.
- Stay south of Tolfalas if you intend to raid some of them fisher-folk, Person.
- Did you come by road or ship?
- I don't care that much for Sauron, but I'll gladly fight alongside his Urîk if they'll help us kill the Adûnâim.
- We're never letting Gondor take Umbar again, Person.
- We're too strong to ever fail against those Adûnâim now.
- I love some good plunder and pillage, Person.
- Slavery? It's what they deserve.
- There's no fooling me, Person. I'll cut you where you stand.
- I want to go out fighting again. Been too long!
- We ain't as brutish as those Aphûr-lâi claim we are.
- I won't rest 'til all the Aphûr-lâi are dead.
- We rule the seas. Gondor doesn't stand a chance!
- Yes, those mercenaries will fight for you, but will they share their plunder with you?
- Bronze weaponry is far too weak if you ask me.
- I wish we could have another beauty like Barûphel leading us.
- We've got Umbar and Gâth-azrazâin, and old Ain, but up North even Osgiliath's in ruins now.
- We long since abandoned the Adûnâim bloodlines. Made us stronger too, aye.
- I don't trust those Corsairs, Person. Make me feel uneasy, they do.
- And where've you come from? Not Gondor, I hope.
- Those rats up north call themselves Adûnâim, but we've got the real legacy of Anadûnê right here.
- I'd stay right out of the way of those Corsairs if I were you.
- Our friends inland think much of themselves, with their fancy cities, but there was a time when we ruled them all.
- We're the real Adûnâim, Person. And don't you forget it!
- Lord Sauron is rising in the Land of Shadow. There'll be another war soon, I think.
- You've led yourself into some dire circumstances, Person!
- We've been fighting your kind for generations. There's no way you can stop us!
- Lord Sauron, guide my strike!
- Phôinûr's work shall not be undone by the likes of you!
- Khôrumor's work shall not be undone by the likes of you!
- The gates of Umbar shall not be broken!
- I'll smite you back to the North!
- Umbar will remain free, you northern rat!
- Northerners always think they stand a chance!
- Yes, flee back to the North!
- Come here, Gondorian scum!
- You've no business being here, Person!
- For Umbar!
- What is it that you command, Person?
- I'm at your service, commander.
- Tell me what to do, and I will see it done.
- I'm proficient in all forms of combat, Person.
- No matter the weapon I use, I'll see to it that the blood of your enemies flows.
- Where're we off to next then?
- We Umbarim are excellent fighters, ey?
- Give me the word, and I shall burn your enemies' lands.
- I'm not familiar with that formation.
- Form a line? What good will that do?
- I'm bestowed with the strength of a thousand men, so there ain't an army on earth that can best us.
- We'll see this war to an end, Person.
- Aye, commander. Good to see that wound healing up.
- It's an honour to fight for you, Person.
- I'd march for days if you wanted me to.
- I'll be keeping my guard up, don't you worry.
- We've been fighting Adûnâim for years. I'll show you how we do it.
- Aye, whatever you say, I'll see done!
- We'd be making a pretty penny if we enslaved them, too!
- For Umbar!
- For the Havens! For Umbar!