Upon hiring from an Umbar Captain, the player earns the achievement "The Might of the South".
Umbar Captains will stay within their fortress. They won't attack, unless provoked, and in which case they will defend themselves with the weapon they are wielding.
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Near Harad)||Requires Pledge (Near Harad)|
|Umbar Soldier||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+150||No|
|Umbar Archer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+200||No|
|Umbar Horseman||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+250||No|
|Umbar Banner Bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
- Go! Lead our men to the dawn of a world without Northlings!
- I hope you do these men right by letting them fight on the front lines.
- Be careful, Person. They get rowdy if you don't let them fight.
- Ah, Person. I do have some recruits ready for the field. Take a look!
- You better leave some for me, Person!
- Aye, if you've got the coin, you can buy some men off of me.
- Feel free to lead my men into the heart of Gondor, Person.
- Honestly, the men I have with me prefer to stick to land.
- My men are much more loyal than those Azûlim, Person.
- Fresh warriors, ready for hire!
- Here to hire more of my warriors, Person?
- I have a few fresh recruits who would do well under your command, Person.
- If you seek battle with the Gondorians, you would not find finer men than my own.
- Word has spread of your deeds, Person. My men would be honoured to fight alongside you.
- Do you seek to command the mighty warriors of Umbar?
- Word of your deeds has spread quickly in our lands. It would be an honour for my men to serve you!
- My men are strong and mighty warriors. Do you seek to hire some?
- Don't be fooled, Person. The Northerners are quick to use you for their own aims.
- These warriors have a few tricks up their sleeves, Person.
- Be sure to leave some for the rest of us.
- I can grant you the command of a few of my men.
- With my men under your banner, the Aphûr-lâi will surely flee!
- You have proven yourself to me, Person. Go! Lead our men to battle!
- Perhaps you'd be better off asking those Gulfings for men.
- No thanks. My men don't follow those of empty promises.
- No men of mine would follow you, Person. You reek of Gondor an' the North.
- You come from Gondor, Person. We ain't that blind.
- I'm sorry, but we can't risk passing our commands to strangers.
- With your poor reputation, I wouldn't even care if you were a Black Adûnôn.
- You might have more luck trying the Corsairs, or the mercenaries. But not these true-blooded men of Umbar.
- I don't see why anyone would follow you, Person.
- We ain't as simple as the Corsairs, Person. I won't let you lead my men to their death.
- You seem like a renegade to me, not a leader.
- You've led yourself into some dire circumstances, Person!
- We've been fighting your kind for generations. There's no way you can stop us!
- Lord Sauron, guide my strike!
- Phôinûr's work shall not be undone by the likes of you!
- Khôrumor's work shall not be undone by the likes of you!
- The gates of Umbar shall not be broken!
- I'll smite you back to the North!
- Umbar will remain free, you northern rat!
- Northerners always think they stand a chance!
- Yes, flee back to the North!
- Come here, Gondorian scum!
- You've no business being here, Person!
- For Umbar!
Travelling item traders: