Upon hiring from an Umbar Captain, the player earns the achievement "The Might of the South".
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Umbar Captains will stay within their fortress. They won't attack, unless provoked, and in which case they will defend themselves with the weapon they are wielding.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Hiring[edit | edit source]
|Unit||Unpledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Near Harad)||Requires Pledge (Near Harad)|
|Umbar Soldier||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+150||No|
|Umbar Archer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+200||No|
|Umbar Horseman||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+250||No|
|Umbar Banner Bearer||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+300||No|
Speechbank[edit | edit source]
- Go! Lead our men to the dawn of a world without Northlings!
- I hope you do these men right by letting them fight on the front lines.
- Be careful, Person. They get rowdy if you don't let them fight.
- Ah, Person. I do have some recruits ready for the field. Take a look!
- You better leave some for me, Person!
- Aye, if you've got the coin, you can buy some men off of me.
- Feel free to lead my men into the heart of Gondor, Person.
- Honestly, the men I have with me prefer to stick to land.
- My men are much more loyal than those Azûlim, Person.
- Fresh warriors, ready for hire!
- Here to hire more of my warriors, Person?
- I have a few fresh recruits who would do well under your command, Person.
- If you seek battle with the Gondorians, you would not find finer men than my own.
- Word has spread of your deeds, Person. My men would be honoured to fight alongside you.
- Do you seek to command the mighty warriors of Umbar?
- Word of your deeds has spread quickly in our lands. It would be an honour for my men to serve you!
- My men are strong and mighty warriors. Do you seek to hire some?
- Don't be fooled, Person. The Northerners are quick to use you for their own aims.
- These warriors have a few tricks up their sleeves, Person.
- Be sure to leave some for the rest of us.
- I can grant you the command of a few of my men.
- With my men under your banner, the Aphûr-lâi will surely flee!
- You have proven yourself to me, Person. Go! Lead our men to battle!
- Perhaps you'd be better off asking those Gulfings for men.
- No thanks. My men don't follow those of empty promises.
- No men of mine would follow you, Person. You reek of Gondor an' the North.
- You come from Gondor, Person. We ain't that blind.
- I'm sorry, but we can't risk passing our commands to strangers.
- With your poor reputation, I wouldn't even care if you were a Black Adûnôn.
- You might have more luck trying the Corsairs, or the mercenaries. But not these true-blooded men of Umbar.
- I don't see why anyone would follow you, Person.
- We ain't as simple as the Corsairs, Person. I won't let you lead my men to their death.
- You seem like a renegade to me, not a leader.
- You've led yourself into some dire circumstances, Person!
- We've been fighting your kind for generations. There's no way you can stop us!
- Lord Sauron, guide my strike!
- Phôinûr's work shall not be undone by the likes of you!
- Khôrumor's work shall not be undone by the likes of you!
- The gates of Umbar shall not be broken!
- I'll smite you back to the North!
- Umbar will remain free, you northern rat!
- Northerners always think they stand a chance!
- Yes, flee back to the North!
- Come here, Gondorian scum!
- You've no business being here, Person!
- For Umbar!
Travelling item traders: