Upon hiring a unit from a captain, the player earns the achievement "For the Wine!".
Captains will not attack any evil NPC's or players by default. When they are attacked, however, they will defend themselves using iron pikes, which are the only weapon they spawn with. If they successfully defeat their attacker, they will heal very rapidly after the fight. If you slay them, a floating coin will appear that will eventually respawn them.
|Unit||Cost (in silver coins)||Alignment (Dorwinion)|
|Vintner Guard||40 ()||+150|
|Vintner Guard Crossbower||60 ()||+200|
|Dorwinion Banner-Bearer||60 ()||+300|
Having more alignment than the basic requirement will result in lower prices.
- The Vintner Guards make excellent personal guards too, Person.
- For just a small sum of money, these guards might be yours.
- Ah, Person! I have heard tales of your deeds. You seem like an honest friend of Dorwinion.
- I can't wait to get home and drink some wine.
- Elves may be powerful, Person, but they are fickle too. You have made the right choice to come to me.
- My guards are well-trained, Person.
- My guards are not cheap, Person, but they are loyal.
- Welcome, Person. Have you come to hire my guards?
- What are you doing here? Go back to picking grapes.
- What do you think we are, Person, a band of mercenaries? Away with you.
- These men are well-trained, loyal, and strong. They serve only the highborn of Dorwinion. Not fools like you.
- The guards of Dorwinion do not serve just anyone, Person.
- These guards are hired by vintner-elves and noblemen. They do not serve lowborn peasants like you!
- You may be our friend, Person, but you are no nobleman.
- You are not worthy of the Vintner Guard.
- Don't tempt me, scum!
- You will go no further, Person!
- Get out of Dorwinion before we drive you out with our pikes!
- You should not have come here.
- Get away, Person! No wine for you!
- Run along now, scoundrel!
- You are no friend of Dorwinion, Person.
- I will spill your blood like bitter wine!
- You must leave Dorwinion now!
- There's no room for villains like you in Dorwinion!
- You have the manner of a common rogue, and I shall deal with you like one!
- You would do well to fear us, Person!
|The Men and Elves of Dorwinion|
Elves (Warrior, Archer) Men (Crossbower, Guard, Vinehand)
Travelling item traders: