Vintner Guard Crossbowers spawn throughout the land of Dorwinion both day and night. For a crossbower to spawn, the block must be a grass block, and as such they will not spawn underground. They are also somewhat rarer than the standard Vintner Guards.
Crossbowers will wander randomly, their weapons down by their sides. They will not attack players with 0 or above alignment with Dorwinion, but upon sighting an enemy player or NPC, they will fire volleys of bolts at their targets. Owing to their usage of a crossbow, their attack is significantly stronger than most ranged units, making them tough opponents.
They will also warn players who attempt to steal grapes from the vineyards. If a player takes too many grapes, they will be attacked, regardless of alignment.
These units can be yours to hire from a Vintner Guard Captain for 200 Dorwinion alignment and 60-120 coins. As per usual, cost decreases as your alignment increases and halves if you pledge to Dorwinion.
- We defend the land of Dorwinion.
- This is mostly a peaceful land, Person. But you never know what might happen.
- The Easterlings are no threat to us. They want our wine, not our blood.
- If you see any troublemakers, let me know.
- We don't take kindly to theft around here.
- You should think twice before trying to steal from any vineyards around here.
- The mighty Vintner Guard of old, reduced to fighting petty criminals! It is a shame indeed.
- You look like a good law-abiding citizen, Person. I hope that is the case.
- Any whispers of an Easterling invasion are nonsense. They are our friends in trade, you see, not our enemies.
- You'll be fine as long as you don't cause any trouble.
- Hello there, Person! What have you been up to today?
- Move along now.
- Welcome to Dorwinion, the civilised heart of Middle-earth! Just don't go any further east.
- I don't take kindly to troublemakers.
- I defend the wines of Dorwinion. And its people too!
- I have heard tales of the golden guards of Rhúdel, all bedecked in gems and gilded steel. It sounds like pompous foolery to me.
- There's no room for villains like you in Dorwinion!
- Get out of Dorwinion before we drive you out with our pikes!
- You are no friend of Dorwinion, Person.
- You should not have come here.
- You will go no further, Person!
- You must leave Dorwinion now!
- Get away, Person! No wine for you!
- You have the manner of a common rogue, and I shall deal with you like one!
- Run along now, scoundrel!
- I will spill your blood like bitter wine!
- You would do well to fear us, Person!
- Don't tempt me, scum!
- How shall I serve you today, my captain?
- What would you have me do?
- I hope we shall not be standing around vineyards all day.
- I will do whatever you order, Person.
- I will defend your grapes until my last breath.
- Oh, how I long for a sweet drop of wine.
- We are guards, not warriors, but I will do my best.
- Don't do that again, Person.
- I'll let you off... this time.
- We don't take kindly to thieves here. This is your warning.
- If you leave now, I'll pretend I never saw that.
- Don't try that again.
- Those grapes aren't yours, are they?
- Those aren't yours to pick, my friend.
- Think very carefully before trying that again.
- I warned you, Person. Now you will pay the price!
- Stop! Thief! You won't get away this time!
- You have made a grave mistake, thief!
- Those will be the last grapes you ever taste, Person!
- You were warned, thief!
|The Men and Elves of Dorwinion|
Elves (Warrior, Archer) Men (Crossbower, Guard, Vinehand)