The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|“||He's been having a little feast all to himself and his friend the captain||”|
–The Hobbit, Barrels Out of Bond
|“||[...] and the elf-lords were at bay about their king upon the southern arm, near to the watchpost of Ravenhill.||”|
–The Hobbit, The Clouds Burst
Upon hiring a unit from a captain, the player earns the achievement "Defender of Mirkwood".
|Unit||Unpledged or Pledged to Other Elven Faction Cost (Silver Coins)||Pledged to Woodland Realm Cost (Silver Coins)||Alignment Required (Woodland Realm)||Requires Pledge (Any Elf)|
|Wood-elf||30-60 ( to )||15-30 ( to )||+250||No|
|Wood-elf Scout||40-80 ( to )||20-40 ( to )||+300||Yes|
|Wood-elf Warrior||50-100 ( to )||25-50 ( to )||+350||Yes|
|Wood-elven Elk Rider||70-140 ( to )||35-70 ( to )||+450||Yes|
|Wood-elf Banner Bearer||70-140 ( to )||35-70 ( to )||+500||Yes|
|Bow of Mirkwood||Rare||1|
- Do you seek to hire warriors? My Elves might chance to follow you, Person.
- I suppose I could delegate some Elven warriors to you - in exchange for a small payment, of course.
- Have you any silver coins with which to buy the forces of the Woodland Realm?
- We Wood-elves are not cheap brawlers, Person.
- If you fight with us, Person, then we shall fight with you.
- There are many skilled warriors under my command.
- We Elves of Mirkwood, due to an incredible amount of threats, have become incredibly good at fighting.
- It seems that you are an Elf-friend, Person. I shall allow you to lead my warriors.
- I have the finest warriors in all of Mirkwood!
- Even my tireless warriors desire payment, Person.
- I will allow you to hire some of our valiant warriors, for you have proven that you are a true friend of our kin.
- In these gloomy times we must keep to ourselves and protect our own realm. But I can offer you some of my troops, for a price.
- Greetings, Person! Do you seek to command the mighty Elven warriors of this realm?
- We Wood-elves will not fight for one so young as you, Person.
- No Elf of Mirkwood would follow your command.
- Only the mightiest of Men are fit to command the warriors of Mirkwood, Person.
- You would seek to hire my warriors? Ilúvatar has placed no bounds on the folly of Men.
- You are no great warrior of the Elder Days, Person, nor a Man of the West. Begone!
- What foolishness makes you think an Elf of Mirkwood would follow your lead, Person?
- Great Men sometimes fight with us in battle. You are no great Man, Person.
- Which fool gave you passage into our lands?
- I have yet to see any Adan of Endor capable of leading Elves, and you are no exception, Person.
- You are not yet ready to command our kin, Person.
- Prove your allegiance to our kin and I may consider giving you some troops!
- My mighty warriors shall only follow true friends of our kin.
- I do not yet deem you worthy enough to command my excellent warriors.
- Take your evil and flee these lands, Person!
- We do not welcome your kind here.
- You should not have come here!
- You are no match for the warriors of the Elvenking!
- One way or another, you shall depart our lands!
- You are mistaken if you think you can threaten us!
- Flee, Morgul-scum!
- Back into the shadows, you villain!
- You were wrong to set foot here, Person!
- To Udûn with you!
- Go and kiss an Orc!
- Death to the foes of the Elves!
- Who brings to us this token of doom?
- Begone from our lands, scum of Dol Guldur.
- You shall soon meet your end, servant of evil.
- Go back to the darkness whence you came!
|The Wood-elves of Mirkwood|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.